LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9014 to PC Connection problem

I have used cRIO-9014. Why can't I connect this controller to any PCs? If there are any specific networking controller to use please advice.

I can connect this controller to PC which used networking controller, Brodcom, NVidia nForce and Realtek but not 3Com nor Intel networking controller.

I use cable type: TIA/EIA-568-B.1-2001 T568B Wiring (Cat.5) or cross over wire type as in the following link

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/72AE8CADA1AF075686256A16005D55B1?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,627 Views)
You mention that you cannot connect the controller to any PC and then say you can connect the controller with some network controllers and not others. Can you elaborate on this some more? What exact problem are you facing and what steps have you taken to resolve the issue? Has the controller been assigned a static IP and have to tried to reset the IP and then configure the controller?
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,623 Views)

I can connect to some PCs which use Brodcom, NVidia nForce and Realtek network controller only.

Has the controller been assigned a static IP and have to tried to reset the IP and then configure the controller? 

Yes, i already tried to assign a static IP with the same configulation on all PCs.

When i plug in the LAN cable to PC with 3com or intel network controller, LAN port's LED does not blink and my PC can not find the controller(cRIO-9014). 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,619 Views)

Any idea any one?

It's my serious problem. I need to make an Executable file for mobile data acquisition application. I need to connect to my cRIO to my laptop for debuging. But typical laptop with intel Ethernet chipset.

Any one has experience on connecting cRIO to PC or Laptop with intel Ethernet chipset please advise how to make it work.

Thank you for any advice. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,594 Views)

edit : 2 times post

Message Edited by Way-RTAF on 10-15-2009 02:32 PM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,594 Views)
I do not believe there are known problems with specific chipsets of ethernet controllers that work or do not work with the cRIO.  The problem  most likely is a problem with the computer set up.  Are you trying to connect directly to the cRIO with  a crossover cable?  Have you tried connecting to this cRIO through a network hub on these non-working computers?  Does it work on the network?  You also might want to check and see what version of NI-RIO you have installed on the working and non-working computers to see if there is a difference that might be causing this.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,565 Views)