From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9012 loses connection regularly

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to collect and log data using a cRIO-9012, an analog input module (NI 9209) and a CAN module (NI 9853) using Labview RT.  The cRIO is connected directly to my computer with an ethernet cable.  The problem is that as the main VI is run, it begins to slow down and eventually comes to a stop after a certain number of loops.  It tends to stop in the same place each time, leading me to believe this is a memory issue.  I don't currently touch any data logging (see below), but I'm unsure if the values are being stored on board the cRIO without my knowledge. 

Below is a screenshot of my troubleshooting VI.  It simply reads in 5 analog inputs and this particular VI crashes after approximately 896 loops (and this is repeatable).

P1.PNG

I'm not sure if this helps, but this is the VI that is called by the FPGA Target block above.

P2.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,659 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mries

Do you see the same behavior if you move the Open FPGA VI Reference outside of your while loop?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,655 Views)

My bad, haha.  That worked, and I suppose it makes sense as I was opening over 800 FPGA targets (would explain the slowdown and eventual crash).

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,649 Views)