LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9004 with cRIO 9104 chassis (run out memory problems)

The cRIO 9004 problems with cRIO 9104 chassis

I am using cRIO 9004 with CRIO 9104.

One strange event happened after many times running LabVIEw VI in RT target of cRIO 9004 without clear the flash memory.

And one day, after I pressed the reset button on the cRIO 9004, the LED of the STATUS on the cRIO 9004 flash 4 times contiously, I have read the manual (P.11) on http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373561c.pdf and of course I have finished software rebooting many times, but I really don't know what mean by

cycling power between crashes and how can I deal with it. When I open the Measurement and Automation Explorer, it can detect the cRIO 9004, but when I open the LabVIEW project, right click the cRIO and click deploy and it replies: Failed to connect to RT engine.

I have done software rebooting and pressing the reset button on the cRIO 9004 many times, but the problem is not solved. I worry that it is due to the run out of the memory, how can I clear the cRIO 9004 memory by using the Measurement and Automation Explorer or LabVIEW 8.2? If I choose to format disk in the Measurement and Automation Explorer, will I need to reinstalled the pre-installed LabVIEW 8.2 inside the cRIO 9004?

Thank you for your attention.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,549 Views)
Hi TCP/IP,

Power cycling refers to unplugging the cRIO to power it down and then plugging it back in.  It is most likely that you have run out of memory on the controller.  I would recommend that you format the cRIO.  You will need to boot in Safe Mode by flipping the dip switch.  Then you can right-click on the device in MAX and select format. 

Before you do this I would recommend trying to ftp to the controller to access any pertinent information.  After you format the device you may want to watch the memory more closely.  You can do this with the Real Time System Manager found in the Tools menu. 

Regards,
Elizabeth S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments   
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,507 Views)