From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9004, Which software set to install?

PC windows 7

MAX 5.6

Controller: cRIO-9004

I follow the file <Getting Started with CompactRIO and LabVIEW> downloaded from this forum, in step 13 of the 'Installing Software on and Configuring the Controller'. I right click the Software of controller under Remote Systems in MAX. It displaies a window shows as the pic

I don't know which one to choose when install softwares to controller.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,953 Views)

You need to install the one that matches the version of LabVIEW that you will use to program the cRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,946 Views)

Thank you, Nathand. But how can I know which software set matches the Labview I use? My version is 'LabVIEW 2010 (32-bit)'. I uploaded the window figure displayed on my computer. Can you tell me which to install? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,892 Views)

@ypzhang wrote:

Thank you, Nathand. But how can I know which software set matches the Labview I use? My version is 'LabVIEW 2010 (32-bit)'. I uploaded the window figure displayed on my computer. Can you tell me which to install? Thank you.

Then you need to install LabVIEW Real-Time 10.0 (LabVIEW 2010 = 10.0, 2009 = 9.0, etc - I don't know why NI went with that versioning system and yet couldn't be consistent about it).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,885 Views)

Hey, Nathand. Actually, I've installed LabVIEW 2010 in my PC, but you mentioned LabVIEW realtime 2010? Were there any difference between LabVIEW 2010 and LabVIEW realtime 2010?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,877 Views)

Open Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX). Find your cRIO. Right-click and choose add/remove software. There you will have the option to install what you need.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,874 Views)
I was just matching the naming to what is shown in your screenshot to avoid any more confusion. LabVIEW Real-Time is the add-on module that lets you program the cRIO. It includes some components that are part of the development system, and other components that need to be installed on the cRIO.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,870 Views)