LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9004, Which software set to install?

PC windows 7

MAX 5.6

Controller: cRIO-9004

I follow the file <Getting Started with CompactRIO and LabVIEW> downloaded from this forum, in step 13 of the 'Installing Software on and Configuring the Controller'. I right click the Software of controller under Remote Systems in MAX. It displaies a window shows as the pic

I don't know which one to choose when install softwares to controller.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,926 Views)

You need to install the one that matches the version of LabVIEW that you will use to program the cRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,919 Views)

Thank you, Nathand. But how can I know which software set matches the Labview I use? My version is 'LabVIEW 2010 (32-bit)'. I uploaded the window figure displayed on my computer. Can you tell me which to install? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,865 Views)

@ypzhang wrote:

Thank you, Nathand. But how can I know which software set matches the Labview I use? My version is 'LabVIEW 2010 (32-bit)'. I uploaded the window figure displayed on my computer. Can you tell me which to install? Thank you.

Then you need to install LabVIEW Real-Time 10.0 (LabVIEW 2010 = 10.0, 2009 = 9.0, etc - I don't know why NI went with that versioning system and yet couldn't be consistent about it).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,858 Views)

Hey, Nathand. Actually, I've installed LabVIEW 2010 in my PC, but you mentioned LabVIEW realtime 2010? Were there any difference between LabVIEW 2010 and LabVIEW realtime 2010?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,850 Views)

Open Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX). Find your cRIO. Right-click and choose add/remove software. There you will have the option to install what you need.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,847 Views)
I was just matching the naming to what is shown in your screenshot to avoid any more confusion. LabVIEW Real-Time is the add-on module that lets you program the cRIO. It includes some components that are part of the development system, and other components that need to be installed on the cRIO.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,843 Views)