From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ sample rates and setup

I have a 9174 chassis with: 9213 module for 10 K-type thermocouples, 9201 module for 2 voltage readings(pressure), and 9403 module for digital I/O control of 11 solenoids. I would like to read all the temperatures and all the pressures, and also be able to write to the digital I/O only when a solenoid is turned on/off.

I made a a test VI where I have tinkered with DAQ Assistant some, and can get both temperature and pressure readings plotting about every 1.5sec. I didn't changed the sampling properties in the DAQ Assistant for the initial run, but I would like to sample at a faster rate. I did the "Generate NI DAQMX code" step from the DAQ Assistant, where I then changed the sample rate values. Sometimes this resulted in Error -200279 and the updates of my temperatures indicators became very slow (I used Get Time Stamp to watch execution timing), while the pressure indicators did not update any differently.

I don't know where to start with timing properties or how to optimize the sampling. I have read some of the tutorial materials on NI DAQMX and feel I generally understand the behaviors of the low-level VIs, but am interested in setup tips.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,068 Views)

Right click on your DAQ Assistant node, there should be an option that allow you to exlode it into vis.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,064 Views)

jyang72211 wrote:

Right click on your DAQ Assistant node, there should be an option that allow you to exlode it into vis.

I already did that. That's what I meant by "generate NI DAQmx code."

I am asking for help with how I might optimize the timing/sampling of my particular setup, and other things to look out for.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,060 Views)

oh ok.  That's interesting.  I can't find anything on your error code.  Is there any description for your error?  

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,058 Views)