LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ sample rates and setup

I have a 9174 chassis with: 9213 module for 10 K-type thermocouples, 9201 module for 2 voltage readings(pressure), and 9403 module for digital I/O control of 11 solenoids. I would like to read all the temperatures and all the pressures, and also be able to write to the digital I/O only when a solenoid is turned on/off.

I made a a test VI where I have tinkered with DAQ Assistant some, and can get both temperature and pressure readings plotting about every 1.5sec. I didn't changed the sampling properties in the DAQ Assistant for the initial run, but I would like to sample at a faster rate. I did the "Generate NI DAQMX code" step from the DAQ Assistant, where I then changed the sample rate values. Sometimes this resulted in Error -200279 and the updates of my temperatures indicators became very slow (I used Get Time Stamp to watch execution timing), while the pressure indicators did not update any differently.

I don't know where to start with timing properties or how to optimize the sampling. I have read some of the tutorial materials on NI DAQMX and feel I generally understand the behaviors of the low-level VIs, but am interested in setup tips.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,059 Views)

Right click on your DAQ Assistant node, there should be an option that allow you to exlode it into vis.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,055 Views)

jyang72211 wrote:

Right click on your DAQ Assistant node, there should be an option that allow you to exlode it into vis.

I already did that. That's what I meant by "generate NI DAQmx code."

I am asking for help with how I might optimize the timing/sampling of my particular setup, and other things to look out for.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,051 Views)

oh ok.  That's interesting.  I can't find anything on your error code.  Is there any description for your error?  

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,049 Views)