LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ Device and Labview- Multiple Questions on Tasks, Sequence and Diagramm Structure

Hi @all,

i ll try to descirbe is at short as i can.

What do i have:

11x Thermocouple Sensors connected to NI9214

3x Voltage Sensors connected to NI9207

3x PT100 Sensors connecte to NI9216

What do i want to do:

calculating some heat transfer coefficient continously

How do i want to achieve it:

At first i want to meassure the volate to some specific value

When this value is reached i want to meassure some PT100 values to a certain point

-> when those values are meassured i want to start with the main calculation, MEAN of my thermocouples values and then some mathematics on it.

The Questions:

As i m quite new to LabView i want to know how to structure my code.

Constantly reading my sensors uses a while loop, but i have to pass the value somehow out of the loop, but not just the final value of my iterations.

Is it possible to run multiple tast in one vi?

I m currently using the DAQ Assist Block including all my channels, how can i split the channels to single signals and concerning this, how can i use this signals in different sequences or while loops?

I m really thankfull for any advice on my topic. Maybe there is some Function or Possibility labview offers which i haven t see yet.

Best Regards

Marco R

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,051 Views)

Hello MarcoRe,

Thank you for using the NI forums. Addressing your questions, I recommend you checking the next resources before you start developing your application:

• As i m quite new to LabView i want to know how to structure my code.
    You might want to check learnni.com, as well as the LabVIEW Getting Started Guide. Usually, for DAQ applications, the recommended architecture is the Producer/Consumer Patttern.
  • Constantly reading my sensors uses a while loop, but i have to pass the value somehow out of the loop, but not just the final value of my iterations.
    I recommend you try using queues, or Channel Wires.
  • Is it possible to run multiple tast in one vi?
    It is possible to run multiple tasks, as long as your device supports them and they don't use the same resource.
  • I m currently using the DAQ Assist Block including all my channels, how can i split the channels to single signals and concerning this, how can i use this signals in different sequences or while loops?
    I strongly recommend you check out the Getting Started with NI-DAQmx guide, so that you can understand better the API and how to use it in the most efficient way for your application.

Let us know your progress. All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,004 Views)