From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9184 (Ethernet) modules are not recognized after PC reboot

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

Some colleagues face an annoying problem, and they asked me to help them. Their system: a cDAQ-9184 Ethernet chassis with two modules: NI9217 and NI 9211. OS: Win10 32bit. LabVIEW 2016, 32.

Every time they reboot the PC, the connection is lost to the modules. It seems the ethernet connection is OK between the chassis and the PC, but the chassis does not recognize the two modules. They were using DHCP settings, I changed this to static IP connection, but as I expected, this did not solve this problem.

Actually this is not a huge issue, but quite annoying: every time, if you need to reboot the PC, then you must open MAX, and click on the modules with the mouse. Magic: the chassis recognizes the modules now...

Can this annoying problem to be fixed somehow? See two screenshots below, the first what we see after reboot in MAX (our LV application of course reports error about the missing cDAQ modules), the second is when we click on the module entries in MAX, and they magically get recognized...

unrecognized_cdaq_2.png

after_mouse_click.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,201 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Blokk

Hello

please update the firmware from the cDAQ 9184.

An explanaition why this happend here.

The next what helps is to make a self test from the device in your software, then the modules will be detected.

a.png

b.png

best regards
Alexander
Download All
Message 2 of 4
(3,161 Views)

Thanks for the hints! When I have time, I will install the firmware, and also play with the DAQmx VIs. I will reply again when I have the results.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,155 Views)

We just had the time now to update the firmware. The old version was 14.0..., the new one was 17.0....

Since the firmware update, the cDAQ device works after Windows reboots just fine, no need for manual re-reserve in MAX...

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,113 Views)