LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

button to close vi in labview real time

hii

i working with compactrio 9068 in labview RT 2014.

I want to create button in my Vi (real time project) to close the same VI , i use the Property nodeto close vi  but doesn't work in labview real time 

thanks for help 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,254 Views)

RT projects are usually headless, meaning there isn't any VI front panel to close anyways. Can you elaborate in more details what you really want to achieve?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,243 Views)

i want when i presed the button Cancel the vi closed  

in this VI i use the invoke node but doesn't work in RT 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,236 Views)

You can't do that!! A VI is not present on the RT target as an individual file on the filesystem. You also have the issue that the VI is not even present on the filesystem at all when you execute (deploy) your program directly from the LabVIEW project, and inside the .rtexe file when you deploy the build executable to the controller.

Instead you should use some network conmmunication to send commands to your realtime target. That could be using VI server to directly access control elements on a VI that has been explicitedly included in your build through a static VI reference for instance or you can add your own TCP/IP server in your application to send commands to it.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,221 Views)

im sorry I did not understand you, I am beginner in labview RT

you can  be more details

thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,215 Views)

Well,, I think the most trivial solution for now would be to use a shared variable. That varaible you can access from both your host system as well as your RT target. I don't have RT installed on this system currently so can't really cook up an example for you but try to read about how you can create shared variables and use them.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,206 Views)

I recommend going through the NI cRIO Developer's Guide.  There is a lot of good information in there that should help you out.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,195 Views)

hi again 

all of my project in RT , i want juset how to create button to close vi when i fineshed with her 

i have main VI called others VI , So i want when i fineshed with vi i close her with button cancel 

thanks for help

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,159 Views)

@dalyto wrote:

all of my project in RT

Will you always be running from the LabVIEW environment?  That kind of defeats the purpose of an RT system if you are.

As we have said, you need to set up some kind of communication scheme to command the RT to stop.  You then just stop all of your loops, just like you would with a Windows executable.  There just is no front panel to close.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,145 Views)

thanks

but how to crate this kind of communication scheme to command the RT to stop (exemple)

I create local variables and global variables  and shared variables for my button but  don't worked 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,127 Views)