LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building exe for RT, cio-9147 w/ channel wires

I have built a some RT code with FPGA code also. the project has been building and running fine until i added two channel wires, tag and message. When the RT tries to build it throws a "VI broke during the build process from being saved without a block diagram...". It seems the "enpoint.vi" was the culprit for both the tag and messenger.

I tried building with debug enabled and it builds but won't run as an excutable. I tried unchecking "remove unsed polymorphic..", "remove unsed members or project", "disconnect type defs" in varying combinations.  Others problesm were encountered so went a different way.

I removed the messanger and tag and instead used real time streams messanger only to encounter "VI broke during the build process from being saved without a block diagram..." again.

My next step is just use a que or RT FIFO.  Anybody use channel wires with 9147 (Linux) system? I am using LV 2017

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,077 Views)

I really regret to say it (because I am a HUGE fan of Channel Wires), but there may have been a "feature" introduced in LabVIEW 2017 that occasionally causes Channel Wires to fail.  A CAR has been filed ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,055 Views)