LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building a standalone application with excel report

I have created an .exe file from my project which includes a report generation. The the application executes with no problems until it calls for the report to be generated and then I get an

Error 7:

Get LV class Default Value.vi

NI_Report.LVclass:New Report.vi

Write to Excel Report.vi

(Project name).vi

I think this has something to do with the paths/directories but I have checked these vi's are in my source files? any help would be great.  The project works fine running from the main vi, only when I build the application does this problem arise, its like all the paths to my templates etc have been lost/changed.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,699 Views)

Looks like you need to include them either:

1) In your project

2) In your executable build

and/or

3) In your installer build

Can't tell from what you've said which one it is, but I would bet on 3 -- you probably need to include the Report toolkit in "Additional Installers"

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

Message 2 of 7
(2,686 Views)

I know you aren't getting error 7 but this document has helped me in the past.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8A0E6274D9BD7B1986256F62006AD402

And it's been updated to 8.6

Hope this helps

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
Message 3 of 7
(2,671 Views)
Many thanks for your comments Ive done a search on the NI site and found lots of info/proceedures to carryout, this looks like a well known issue.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,659 Views)
All the vi's in report generation toolkit should be included while building the exe (in dynamically called vi's) so that you can get the expected result.
With regards,
JK
(Certified LabVIEW Developer)
Give Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark it a solution if your problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,652 Views)
which version of LV u r using. In 8.6 u should not get any errors.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,650 Views)

Hi Alan,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your application, this is a well documented issue as was pointed out we use dynamic linking so LabVIEW does not know some VIs are needed so they are not included in the build. Please see this KB article that explains the issue and how to build the application.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,646 Views)