From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bug?

Hello dear community,

when replacing a populated "Visa resource name" conrol with a Silver control on the front panel the control is not sized correctly. Bug?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,624 Views)

When you replace controls on the front panel, the new control's default size takes over.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,621 Views)

@labviewette wrote:

Hello dear community,

when replacing a populated "Visa resource name" conrol with a Silver control on the front panel the control is not sized correctly. Bug?

Yes, its a bug!  It is known.  It is cosmetic only (Does Not change functionality) and only visable to developers.  The workaround is obvious- resize the object after replacing the object,  It is annoying as <Bleep> (I Bleeped that myself) 

NI Might get around to fixing that one day.  Although, as James pointed out, it involves changing expected behavior for size on other control styles.  This COULD lead to other problems like overlaping controls on FP's, ideosyncratic behavior with controls set to  resize with pane, Strang looking Run-time window appearances with fixed Run-Time panel sizes etc.....

It might even be a good thing to leave it as is and let the developer decide how to grow the Silver Control rather than "Read our minds" and cause more subtle issues.

So, while I don't like the behavior, the fix would lead to posts like; "Bug?  Replacing a modern IO container with Silver IO Container unexpectedly changes the objects Bounds property causing me headaches."

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 3
(2,588 Views)