LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bmp file didn't work in installer setup

hi, i am trying to upload .bmp file on banner graphic and welcome graphic but the problem is that it didn't work when i builds the installer file. here i am uploading the file,Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,095 Views)

Hi Sam,

what happens when you convert those BMP files to PNG images?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,070 Views)

actually, there is no problem even in .bmp extension but i dont know why it didnt upload on installer setup. maybe i am missing something so if someone know how to upload welcome graphic and banner graphic on installer file please let me know. thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,060 Views)

Hi Sam,

one more guess: is E: a network or a local drive?

You better use local drives…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,049 Views)

yes, i am using local drive for uploading banner and welcome graphic. i think i am missing some option thats why it didnt  uploaded, if someone did this one before which is obviously many of did this one, they might be help me.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,046 Views)

@sam67 wrote:

hi, i am trying to upload .bmp file on banner graphic and welcome graphic but the problem is that it didn't work when i builds the installer file,

There is no "uploading" here, just selecting.

Can you explain your meaning of "didn't work"? (e.g. LabVIEW crashes immediately? Installer build fails? Build works but graphics not visible on dialog? Get a specific error? etc.)

What are the sizes in pixels of these images and do they correctly fit the size requirements listed in the instructions:

• Welcome Graphics (578x383 BMP)
  • Banner Graphic (578x59 BMP)

Who made the images? Maybe they have an unusual header. (There are many bmp flavors out there!)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,022 Views)

Can you explain your meaning of "didn't work"? (e.g. LabVIEW crashes immediately? Installer build fails? Build works but graphics not visible on dialog? Get a specific error? etc.)

Build works but graphics not visible on dialog? thats the problem and i also set the same pixel which you mentioned but still not visible. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,861 Views)

As I said, bmp is an image file format with many flavors, and some might not be compatible. Can you attach one of your bmp files?

Who made them? Can you take them into a graphics program and re-save them with different bmp options (color depth, compression, etc. etc.)?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,790 Views)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G5qnNhl22aEE7RGZeWs5wuRwQP39FXoP/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IErS9F47jP1LYDs8adRQ2fU4u22zZxl-/view?usp=sharing

here is both image link you can download from the above mentioned source because here in community forum we cannot upload .bmp file.

these images made someone for my software so i dont have an idea what setting he used for creating these files.  

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,673 Views)

You can place the files in a zip file and upload that!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,668 Views)