LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bluetooth

Hello everyone,

I'm new to using LabView (or any similar software for that matter) and I am trying to figure out how to stream bluetooth data from an accelerometer to my computer using labview. With all the examples I've seen so far, I need a little help with this particular example (link posted below). In the "Bluetooth Server Application" example, they have a function that is labeled "Generate Data"; I'm curious as to what exactly is this function and how can I find it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3260/en/

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,153 Views)

@Theopolis wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm new to using LabView (or any similar software for that matter) and I am trying to figure out how to stream bluetooth data from an accelerometer to my computer using labview. With all the examples I've seen so far, I need a little help with this particular example (link posted below). In the "Bluetooth Server Application" example, they have a function that is labeled "Generate Data"; I'm curious as to what exactly is this function and how can I find it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3260/en/

It is just an example. It generates a string value, witch is connected to the BT Write function. This particular part shows how to send data from server to client (when the LabVIEW part is the server).

Well, I would start the project first specifying your hardware, which makes sense 🙂 What kind of accelerometer you have (company, model, etc)? Does it have any documentation?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,128 Views)

I understand what you're saying; as far as the entire role of the BT and that particular section. I guess I want to know the name of that specific function that's labeled "Generate Data". I want to use that same function in my application, but I don't know where to find that specific function (the function/item that is labeled "Generate Data" on the example). Do you know where I can specifically find this particular function. If you need more clarification, the specific item I'm talking about is labeled "Generate Data" and it has the letters "PDA", "GEN", "DATA" within the icon of that function/item.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,089 Views)

I am not sure,but i think it is just a symbolic function, not a real one. But you do not need it. Just replace it with a constant string, it is perfect to test BT functions too...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,086 Views)
Thanks. I appreciate the help!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,076 Views)