From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block diagram is disable in labview

Hi,

i am working on labview 6i currently. i want to modify the VI developed by my collegue who left the organization now. If i try to open the Blockdiagram of the VI from my Frontpanel i am not able to open. This option itself disabled. can anyone can guide me on how to see the block diagram?

attached screenshot is for your reference.

Thanks,

kalpana

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,945 Views)
The block diagram was removed during a save. You'll have to find the original VI. There is no way to recover a block diagram in a VI that has had it removed.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,922 Views)

Disabling the block diagram is the most common way of protecting the logical aspects of the VI from being copied or editted.

As Denis Rightly said, said there is no way of recovering the block diagram.

You will have to Look for the original VI.

Regards.
Digant Shetty (LV 18.0)
AE, Combined Digilog Systems Pvt. Ltd.

CDSPL LOGO.pngAlliance Partner.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,882 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

Actually the original vi is developed using Labview 5.6, Currently i am working on Labview 6i. When i try to open Labview 5.6 Vi using Labview 6i it is giving error. Is there any chance to custom save or port from version 5.6 to 6i?

Thanks,

kalpana 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,824 Views)

Are you sure about 5.6?  I have never heard of that version before.  Perhaps 5.1?

But no, you can't upgrade.  LabVIEW needs access to the block diagram in order to upgrade from an older version to a newer, even one as old as 6i.

You need to get a copy of the original VI without the block diagram removed.  Otherwise you'll be stuck in the LV 5.1?  version.  Or will have to create the VI yourself from scratch based on whatever you do happen to know about it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,814 Views)