LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block diagram digital display visible on constants has always driven me nuts

I have to admit this has bugged me for over a decade now.

Is there a way to turn these off by default?

Let me enplane further. I place a vi on the block diagram usually it's one that was provided by a third party like an instrument driver.

Some vi's when the constant is place the digital display is on.

I would like this to default to off.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,163 Views)
It is not obvious what you mean. Can you attach a picture of a constant with a digital display. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,161 Views)

Here is a quick screen grab that shows what I am talking about.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,156 Views)

I see what you mean.  I was able to duplicate it with a Ring control (which is what is shown in your screenshot.)

If the control in the front panel of the subVI has the digital display showing on the ring, then when you create a constant from that connector, the digital display is shown as well.  If the subVI does not have the digital display on the ring, then the constant created from that connector does not show the digital display.

Apparently the whoever wrote those drivers liked to show the digital display on their ring controls as a matter of practice.  If it really bothers you, then I would suggest modifying the driver subVI's and turning off the digital display on those rings.

I was not able to duplicate this for enums.  I don't know about any other control or data types.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,148 Views)