From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blcok diagram zoom - suggestion

Hi

Since this looks more and more like a structure discussion I recommend having a look at Bens excellent nugget on action engines. You're already heading in that direction so this is a good source for information and inspiration.

jcarmody wrote:
You can wrap your uninteresting code in a Flat Sequence, turn Auto Grow off and shrink it.  Then, when you want to look inside you just resize it (or, turn Auto Grow back on).  I've heard of that being done, with the developer pleased that the entire program fit on one screen!

Smiley Surprised That could be the silliest thing I've heard yet Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards

David

NISW

Message 11 of 21
(1,123 Views)

Davidek wrote:

Smiley Surprised That could be the silliest thing I've heard yet Smiley Very Happy

I resemble that remark! Smiley Wink

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,117 Views)

jcarmody wrote:
You can wrap your uninteresting code in a Flat Sequence, turn Auto Grow off and shrink it.  Then, when you want to look inside you just resize it (or, turn Auto Grow back on).  I've heard of that being done, with the developer pleased that the entire program fit on one screen!

I really hope you were kidding. This is a terrible suggestion. The last thing we should be doing is telling be to have hidden code in their block diagrams.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 13 of 21
(1,104 Views)

Mark Yedinak wrote:

I really hope you were kidding. This is a terrible suggestion.

I've been told that it's hard to tell when I'm kidding, but COME ON!!!  That's the most ridiculous idea I could come up with!

I'm sorry for not using an emoticon. Smiley Sad

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,096 Views)
I figured that was the case. However it is hard to write sarcasm at times. I could see some newbie reading your response and thinking that it was actually a good idea though.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,079 Views)

I sincerely hope they read on for a bit in the thread in that case. Once more for emphasis: Don't try this at home kids Smiley Happy

/David

Message 16 of 21
(1,051 Views)

In 25 words or less...

If you run your code in the event itself, no other events can be processed until the code is completed. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,032 Views)

Queue in 25 words or less:

Establish Queue for states:

Events add next state name to Queue

Event ready for next event

State Machine runs next state name from Queue

Hummer1

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,028 Views)

Davidek wrote:

I sincerely hope they read on for a bit in the thread in that case. Once more for emphasis: Don't try this at home kids Smiley Happy

/David

I reported my post to the moderator and had a disclaimer added.  Smiley Tongue  We're safe now!

Edit - I won't make THAT mistake again.

Message Edited by jcarmody on 11-18-2009 08:58 AM
Jim

Message 19 of 21
(1,020 Views)

I think this is a job for subVIs.  If there is a reason this cannot be done you have a real problem on your hands.

It may just possibly be that the logic cannot be neatly divided into subVIs, if this is true, your problem is bigger.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(684 Views)