LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blank image with vision clamp max.vi

Hello All and Happy new Year.

I am trying to develop an application using the Vision Development Module Lib.

I'm using the clamp max example. and trying to adapt it for my purpose.

The first thing I did was to change the image used in the example. but then I get a blank screen in the output windows.

I have placed a probe before the the image indicator, the probe value is empty string i.e. " "

I am also loading the image I'm trying to use.

Thanks!

Any thoughts?

Gil,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(971 Views)

There might be a bug in your code...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(952 Views)

I only changed the path to the new file.

No code was changed.

Thanks!

Gil,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(948 Views)

@gilmaor1 wrote:

Any thoughts?

Yes -- please attach your VI so we can better understand what you are trying to do.  It is much easier to look at existing code and say "Oh, there's the mis-understanding" ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(937 Views)

@gilmaor1 wrote:

I only changed the path to the new file.

Sure.

The image might be a different type.

If your code is made for color images, it might fail if the loaded image is grayscale. Or vice versa.

Even though the attached image looks grayscale, it can just as well be a color (RGB) image with pixels with equal R, G and B (AKA grays).

Without seeing any code, anything could be wrong, really. Maybe the image height? The Width? Maybe your vision routines don't recognize the guy's face? Maybe it only works with woman?

Try to use error outputs and\or probes to see where your code doesn't behave as expected. Compare the results of each step (VI, function, structure, etc) between the working image and the failing image.

Or post the code if you want us to have a look...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(918 Views)

Did you notice that the Example image was basically binary (the majority of the pixels were either "almost black" or "dirty gray")?  The Example image was also 8-bit Gray Scale -- I'll bet if you did a histogram on the Image, it would have (only) two obvious peaks.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(902 Views)