From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way to display data

My data is in the form of a string.  It contains 0, 1, and X (don't cares).  I have the data separated into individual spreadsheets  and also in a 2D array.  I am trying to create a table or some sort of listing for displaying  the data.  I want to add the data to a table containing a vertical and horizontal scroll bar with the ability to add horizontal cursors to mark trigger locations.  Any advice on how to do this is greatly appreciated.  Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,461 Views)
This might not be the best, or most efficient way to solve this problem, but this vi might get you going in the right direction.  This takes 3 sets of data from memory (0's, 1's, 3's)... notice that instead of 'x' I used 3's because I didn't want to combine strings and integers in an array.  But given the coordinates that these files contain, they will display the corresponding values on an array.  One issue is that the array size must be defined before usage.  I have it at 10x10.  Enjoy.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,437 Views)
My first instinct is to say you need a table control / indicator.  But that does not really support the sort of highlighting I think you are looking for.  I assume you want to highlight several arbitrarily located elements.  And do it all programatically.  I do not know a way of selecting muliple sets in a table and cannot figure out how to change the color of individual cells.  How many elements are we talking here?  How many "triggers" do you expect?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,431 Views)

I forgot to mention that the txt files should be in the following x,y format...

...etc.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,426 Views)