From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way to copy the project to other PC

Hello.

I am trying to copy the project to other PC, so I can make eddits. What is the best way to do it, to make sure all VIs and subVIs included?

I tried to use the build option. When I right clik on build all I have is: source distribution and web services.

What options I should use when I use source distribution?

I am new to Lab8. I used LAb6.2 before, and I used to save as the library when I wanted to make sure all the required files in one location.

After, I copy the project to the new PC, what is the best way to open it? Is it better to open new project and add files, or just open the old project file ( if it was included in build).

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,171 Views)

Make a source distribution and include all VIs that are dynamically called.  there is also an option to preserve hierarchy

when you build the source distribution it doesn't include the lvproj file so make a copy of the project file and include it into the source distribution folder

- James

Using LV 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,166 Views)