LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beginners question - NI PXIe-8100 operate without LabVIEW Real-Time Module suite

hi, I really hope you can answer my question here and i'm a beginner. If I haven’t LabVIEW Real-Time Module suite in my LabVIEW environment, I'm not able to develop, download, and debug my program to the NI PXIe-8100 via Ethernet, even if my program isn’t Real-Time application. is it right?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,718 Views)

If you do not have the RealTime module installed, you will not be able to develop a program that gets loaded onto a specific RealTime target (I'm assuming that your PXIe-8100 is running a RealTime OS). If you break up your development tasks, it is certainly possible to first develop portions of your program in the Desktop environment in order to check logic operations or work on analysis routines. Once all the small pieces are created and validated, you can then move them under a RealTime target in order to assemble them into a RealTime application that "glues" everything together.

If you don't need to load your program onto a RealTime target, then you may want to provide more details of what you are trying to accomplish, what hardware you're using, and the reasoning behind it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,664 Views)
Thank you very much. I got the answer. Recently we need transfer some testing tasks to the RealTime target, and we have NI PXIe-8100 already. According to your message, next, should solve the software problem. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,651 Views)