LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad graphics of labview application using pcanywhere

Hello,

im using pcanywhere 11.5 to remotly control an labview 8.0 application. the problem is that as soon as the connection via pcanywhere buids up, quality of the graphics on the gui deteriorates.
it looks really bad! particularly the tab-control i´m using seems to "remember" any window which was in front of it as a shaddow. the problem appears not only on the client pc, but also on the host pc. i tried already to change the graphical settings of pcanywhere, but that didn´t solve the problem. it seems to be a labview problem, cause it just appears with labview and no other type of application. i always have to reboot the host pc after an remote-session to obtain the "original" look.

is there any solution for this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,312 Views)

As i don´t have PC Anywhere I can not try it out myself, we use VNC, which works perfect here together with LabView.

As an alternative you could use the built in Web-Server Functionality of LabView to remotly control your VIs:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/8BC90A5F744A482886256BA000681713

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,298 Views)

I have exactly the same problem - at this very moment!

I'm working on executables mainly, connecting to a host PC in a factory on our internal network. Good enough bandwidth.

I too have found that it is the tab control that mis-behaves, also the 3d aspects go very grainy. In the past it has behaved very badly and put up blocks of little squares or random fuzzyness on the display. More likely on a slow modem connection .

Other graphics that haven't worked are right-click dialog boxes and list box menus. (OK on this installation touch-wood.)

We have found a work-around - Don't start the vi running with the PC connected remotely.

In the past it has helped to set the Bandwidth Optimizations in the PC-Anywhere properties.

So to illustrate, I have just made a mod, restarted the .exe  and the rubbish graphics appeared. So I have to shut down labview, restart the PC and allow the vi to load and run automatically from the start-up menu. Hey presto, good graphics.

I've spent many hours on the symantec help pages, and other people report a problem with the blocks of graphics problem, but no joy. The problem is always put down to the other applications graphics, or what is loaded on the PC.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,257 Views)