Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back to color image

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,

i have this program that would take a color image, 

change it to grayscale, then process image, then draw overlay on the image.

but i want the overlay on the color image and not the grayscale image. 

can someone take a look at my program to see what i can do to make that happen?

i tried drawing the OVER LAY from the color image coming out, but that didnt work.

can someone please help.

thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,375 Views)

here is the demo easier to work with.

i just want to draw the overlay on color images. BUT i need to do process on grayscale images first. then use that constants of what i found to draw the overlay.

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,366 Views)

If you pass a color image to the 'IVA Overlay - Overlay' VI and the parameters for the overlay, an overlay will be drawn on the color image. To first process the grayscale image and then draw an overlay, you would just have to make sure you have the parameters of the overlay stored or passed through so you can use it later in the VI to draw the overlay on the color image. You can use the IMAQ Copy function at the beginning of the VI to have a copy of the color image available to you for later use.

I hope that helps!

Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,340 Views)

I tried doing this

but also no luck. can you tell me what am I doing wrong?

Edit: image removed by request

Message Edited by Support on 03-11-2010 02:10 PM
Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,320 Views)

Instead of wiring both Imge Src and Img Dst for the IMAQ Copy function to the same terminal, create a new image buffer for the Img Dst. You would do this using the IMAQ Create function; make sure the Image Type is set to RGB (U32).

Currently, the IMAQ Extract Single ColorPlane VI is still  acting on the image and then storing the processed image onto the same image buffer. The image datatype works differently from most LabVIEW datatypes. I would recommend taking a look at this article: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4EC3E91E78A3F3B6862574FA00614623?OpenDocument

Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,288 Views)

I don't quite understand.

can you please explain to me in a block diagram?

can you show me a working vi so i can see this? I don't understand how that work..

untitled.PNG

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,278 Views)
Solution
Accepted by krispiekream

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7