LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic selection of pages of tabcontrol

iam using tabcontrol in my VI,on the tabcontrol Iam using selection button for selecting pages,for my VI i need 10 pages,so iam having 10 selection buttons for selecting pages.some times i ned 1 to 10 pages and some times i need only 3,5,8,and 9 pages.beside these 10 pages iam having one page called configuration page.I select the required number of pages from the configuration pages.my problem is ,in the configuration page there are lot of controls and buttons for each page.so,I cannot put all the controls for all pages in a single configration page.so what I want to ask is,is it possible to have a button such that if i click that button all the controls r indicators of that button which is specific for a page, should only be displayed remaining controls of other pages should be dissappeared.pls let me know wether it is possible if so,how can i do,any exampeles r welcome.

iam attaching my front panel view
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,466 Views)
Hello hofer:

The visibility of a contol can be modified at run time. For example, in your application, you may want to wire a case sequence to your button and if the result is "True", you can do any of the following.

1] Create a property node for the control/indicator that you want to disappear, then select "Visible", then change it to "Write", then wire a "False" constant to its input to make this invisible.
2] You can make the whole page of a tab control on its property node. First, create a property node for the said tab control, then set it to "Pages", then connect the output of the property to an "Index Array". The output of the "Index Array" is a control reference, and therefore, you can wire it to a property node. In this property node, you can select the property "Visible", then change it to "Write", then wire a "False" constant to its input to make the page invisible.

Please tell me if any of these is appropriate for your application, so that I can explain it to you in a much clearer manner.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,459 Views)
I think second one is approprtiate,but if possible try to send me an example vi.thank u very much
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,454 Views)
Hello hofer:

I have here an example. If you set the switch, the even tabs became invisible; and when you set it again, the odd tabs became invisible.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,446 Views)
^Hello debonair,i think i have not explained correctly.what i want is in a singla page i want some controls r indicators to be dissappered when i press a button but not total pages.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,441 Views)
Hello hofer:

How about this? This is the first option that I suggested.
Would it be similar to this?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,432 Views)