From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto scale property node

Good day
I wonder if you can call the auto-scale property via a property node.
What I would like to do with it is to auto-scale the Y axis of a XYgraph at a certain time and then keep that scale.

thank you
tonh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(19,791 Views)

Right click on XY graph icon in your block diagram and select  Create>Property Node>X Scale>Scale Fit for X Scale.  Y Scale would be Create>Property Node>Y Scale>Scale Fit

If you turn on the Context Help before creating the property node, the help window will display information for each property.  You will notice that if you write a '1' to this property, it will autoscale just once.  Probably the function you are looking for.

Message 2 of 6
(19,771 Views)
tonh,

Create a property node (right-click front panel object), select YScale...Scale Fit and set to 0 = Do not autoscale, 1 - Autoscale once now, or 2 - Autoscale.

-cb
Message 3 of 6
(19,769 Views)
thank you. that was exactly what i was looking for!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(19,768 Views)

This is one of the biggest problems with labview is consistency in labeling. Why would you call it auto scale in one part of the code but call it scale fit in the next. Why not just call it auto scale? keep it an integer but it will be easier to find.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,901 Views)

While we're on the subject of consistency, how about text.colors vs text.text colors?  Not very helpful.  (They are actually different.  One refers to the color of the text itself, both the fore and background colors (think text color and highlighting), while the other refers to the fore and background of the text box.)  How about naming the text box colors property something like... text box colors???

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(8,886 Views)