LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authenticate user vi

Hi all, I was using part of the login dialog.vi  as part of a larger VI and noticed that I was having a problem with it's authenticate vi within. It basically uses a table of two columns as a lookup for name and password. NI has preset generic names to show you how it works. I went and added some more and all was fine. It's just when I close the login dialog.vi, the names I added were not being saved. I started up the orginal login dialog.vi and changed the users in the table and added some things to the VI's front panel and saved it. All got saved except what was in the user table. Is there some special way to save data in a table? Thanks

Gerald
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,439 Views)
You need to right-click on the table in the "Authenticate user" VI and select "Data Operations->Make Current Value Default".

Note: You should not be changing the VIs that ship with LabVIEW. Resave the VIs to your working directory. You may also want to rename them to avoid naming conflicts with the VIs in LabVIEW libraries.
Message 2 of 4
(2,424 Views)

Thanks, I will try that. I did say it to my working directy, but good idea chaning the name so that I'm sure that the orginal is left alone.

Gerald

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,417 Views)
Sorry I meant, I did save it to my working directory, but good idea changing the name to so that I'm sure that the original is left alone.....Brain Freeze
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,414 Views)