LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio file conversion into ARB of device

Hi ,
I would like to convert a set of  *wav file (I & Q data) into a binary or text file so I can transfer it to an Arbetary Waveform generator. Furthermore I will need to build an *.dll out of this application.
Do you have any program examples?
Regards
Y3G
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,517 Views)
Hello,

We have examples of reading in .wav files in LabVIEW and playing them over the computer's built-in audio - these examples ship with LabVIEW.  We also have examples as part of the Sound & Vibration Toolkit that can take measurements on an analog input channel and save this measurement as a .wav file among other operations.  These Sound & Vibration examples do not come with the standard LabVIEW package, as they are part of an add-on toolkit that is purchased separately.  You can, however, view the descriptions of all of these examples by opening the NI Example Finder from LabVIEW and navigating to Toolkits and Modules Not Installed»Sound and Vibration. 

If you have the Application Builder activated in your LabVIEW package, you can easily build a DLL out of your VI's.  Depending on what version of LabVIEW you are using, the process will be different.  What version do you have installed?

I'm curious to know, however, what the end goal of this is application is.  If the idea is to send the audio data to the arb and have it output the stored sound file, why not just play the .wav file on the computer and use the audio out jacks to serve the same purpose?  Also, what format do you need this binary/text file to be in?  WAV files are already stored in a binary format on your computer, so being more specific as to what you're looking for will make it that much easier for us to help you.

Message Edited by MattP on 02-01-2007 10:41 AM

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,502 Views)

Hi Matt,

The only hint I have currently is the official link to the vendor's site http://www.rohde-schwarz.com/appnote/1GP62.html.

You'll find also a freeware application that loads the I/Q data directly from a *.mat file to the device. The device's driver are in the NI link as rssmu* d are functioning ok.

I'll try to use the LV Sound and vibration toolkit and design that application and then build an DLL.

Thanks

Y3G  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,495 Views)