LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asio driver for labview / free asio4all driver tia sal22

Greetings All

I'm using labview 8.6.1 and would like to use my asio drivers with labview is this possible?  I've installed asio4all http://www.asio4all.com/  hoping that it would show up as another device to choose from but wishful thinking.  

Does anyone know how I can get the free asio4all drivers to work with labview 8.6.1

ti sal22

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,000 Views)

Although I have no experience with that driver, my guess would be that if there's anything available, it's through ActiveX calls or a DLL. 

If it does have ActiveX methods availabe, you will use an Automation Open function with ActiveX invoke nodes to make the calls.  If it has a DLL associated with it, look at the Call Library Function Node.  To use this you will need documentation on the functions so that you can specify the appropriate parameters and return values.

Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,973 Views)
Have you tried doing a search for 'asio'?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,962 Views)

yes I have done a search but all I find are comments on how to program a asio driver (which is beyond my skill set at the moment) or explinations on what might work....It would be nice to have a driver since so many people have been asking for this for so long.  I searhced online and found the asio4all driver but not sure if there is a direct way to link it to labview.

thanks sal22

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,951 Views)
So you want something different than the one the University of Arizona says that they have?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,947 Views)

There is really no need to add "tia sal22" to all your message subjects.  It just adds noise to the screen when scanning down the list of message threads.

Putting it in the message body is good enough.  It would be even better if you spelled it out.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,928 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,919 Views)