From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

array to different columns

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

In the attached VI, I am currently getting all the arrays to show up in the same columns. I am trying to show each pass in the attached VI to show as different colums in the string table.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Thanks,

hiNi.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,248 Views)
Solution
Accepted by hiNI

I would allocate a string array at the final size, then replace data as you go. Here's  quick rewrite (LabVIEW 8.5).

(I don't understand your use of the local variable, sequence structure, and while loops. The first two are not needed and the loops should be FOR loops because you know the number of iterations beforehand.

(Also note that you should work with strings for the final table. A numeric array will be padded with zeros for undersized rows or columns. An empty string for missing elements seems more appropriate.)

Message 2 of 4
(2,237 Views)

It sounds to me like you want something like the table shown below. The code to do it is also shown below, and the modified version of your VI is attached. The trick was to detangle the arrays you initially made; I would bet your code is not creating the arrays the way you intended-- if you want clarification on that, I'd be happy to elaborate.

In any case, it works fine the way it is!

table.JPG

arraying.JPG

------

Matt Kirk

Inventor of ImageJVI

Message 3 of 4
(2,236 Views)

THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,225 Views)