From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

array shortcut menu (LV8)

Why isn't it possible to select the default items "Insert Element Before" and "Delete Element" in the shortcut menu editor when editing a custom shortcut menu? Those items appear in run mode but not in editing mode. So it seems that if I want to use these two items the only option is to use the default shortcut menu 😞

Alex
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,330 Views)
i think they are in edit mode too, just that you have to right click on the cells instead of the border of the array... but you can't edit the run time menu on the cells... maybe it's another "special feature"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,327 Views)

I ran into the same problem recently using LabVIEW 2010.  It is true that when you create a custom Run-Time Shortcut Menu for an array in LabVIEW you cannot find "Insert Element Before" or "Delete Element" from the Application Item list.

However, you can still add them!  The way to do this is to create User Items and enter the correct special text in the Item Tag field.  In this case try creating the following items using the Shortcut Menu Editor:

- Item Type: User Item - Item Name: Insert Element Before - Item Tag: APP_SC_INSERT_ELEMENT_BEFORE

- Item Type: User Item - Item Name: Delete Element - Item Tag: APP_SC_DELETE_ELEMENT

Voila, it works when you right-click anywhere in the array!

(I found these special string values by using an event structure to view the ItemTag values when the "Shortcut Menu Selection (App)" events fired for an array control with the Default shortcut menu.  This was tested using LabVIEW 2010.)

Create User Items with special Item Tags

Custom Right-Click Menu

Message 3 of 4
(2,932 Views)

Mr. Hooks,

Thanks for the information it was very helpful. The problem that I have now is that the Item Name is being replaced with the default menu Item Name.

Does anyone know a way for me to use the special item tag with my own custom Item Name? Attached images demonstrate the problem.

Thanks,

Lonnie

Screen Caps.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,900 Views)