From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

array of cluster(contains array) to 1D array- Data parsing

Greetings!!

I have to work on some data parsing and I am stuck at some point. I need help of your knowledge and wisdom. I am attaching VI, this VI contains only Input as array of Cluster of arrays and Output as 1d array. Can anyone understand logic operation. And if yes,Can anyone give some examples how can i do it.

Thanks and best Regards

Baig 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,392 Views)

This looks a lot like a homework assignment. Can you show us what you have done so far to get to some solution or do you expect us to give you a ready made solution? If the second you should think again, this is not how we usually treat such requests in these fora.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,365 Views)

Hey... Thanks for your concern....

I have done some work on it... But it is in my office PC , so currently I don't have a file .. once I reach back there I'll share what I did... And I didn't get output as expected though... 

Thanks and best regards

Baig

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,351 Views)

A few additional comments:

• "Input data" is a data source, so why is it an indicator instead of a control?
  • All elements are strings, but you are transforming "0" to "00" which are very different strings. Are there any special other rules?
  • What does "increasing linearly" mean for a series of string sub-arrays of two elements each. Any special slope? Does it depend on the data size? I assume this is 2 byte data. What is the byte order? Values seem all over the place but there are some linear segments.
  • Somehow it would seem easier to convert everything to byte arrays before further processing. Everything seems hex formatted with a max length of two hex characters.
  • Since you are concatenating everything, how do you later tell non-contiguous data segments apart. (e.g. is 0 a sentinel value that can only occur at the start of a new sequence). Wouldn't it be safer to output the same datatype as the input but with consecutive segments combined?

Clearly, you need to explain the rules in more detail.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,349 Views)

It seems your most typical address increment is half the data size. Are you expecting overlap? How are the addresses defined?

ParseCluster.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,340 Views)

Hi guys 

Thanks for responding

I am attaching my VI that i have done and i believe there is much better way if understand what exactly needed to be happen. 

Reviews are welcome.. 

Thanks and Regards

baig

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,251 Views)

Next time, please use zip instead of rar. It always better if users don't need thirdparty tools to extract. Also identify which VI is toplevel so we don't need to guess.

Your new code is not self-explanatory. There are absolutely no diagram comments or documentation and a lot of unusual things, such as "%S" instead of "%s" for string format. There is no typical default data in the input. There is no indication what an expected result would look like. Does this code work correctly? Who wrote it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,220 Views)

Hi.. 

Sorry for my bad coding skills... Ive added some info into it and made it .zip .

And yes, It is working.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,208 Views)

attachment

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,204 Views)

So you say it is working. It is not clear what else you need. 

(Sorry, posting by phone, cannot look at code)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,197 Views)