LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aquiring signals from DAQ and importing to Excel with time stamp

hi i am using labview 8.6 and the DAQ NI-USB 6008

i want to aquire two analog signals and then my idea is to get these two waveforms ,not only to display them but also to import them on a spreadsheet(Excel) with time stamp.

i have tried by my self with the excel functions. but i couldnt get the wave forms in  three columns, the sequence should be like coloumn one for time colomn two for waveform#1 and colomn three for waveform#2? the problem is not only to import but also to restrict the function to import the data in fixed number of rows(like 10,100, 120 etc) so that i could perform statical analysis in Excel with these values,i am using DAQ Assitance express VI for simplicity so offcourse the whole progam should me in a while loop. any idea how could i do this?

waiting for some good advice. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,835 Views)

If you are having problems with something you've already tried, then please post the VI's so we can see where the problems may be.  Are you using real LabVIEW functions or are you just wiring together a bunch of blue Express VI's?

Are you trying to actually put the data into an Excel spreadsheet?  In which case you need to use the ActiveX functions.

Or do you want to write the data to a text file which can be imported by Excel?  In which case you would use Write to Spreadsheet file or even just the lower level text file I/O functions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,833 Views)

hi Ravens

thanks for the reply, here is my vi i am posting it to you, as much i understand i did here, but there are still problems. hope u can understand, u ask me some questions the answars are :

1: i am only using the DAQ assitant express vi rest i want to use the real labview functions ,

2: yes i want to put the timestamped data into excel spreadsheet by the time when i press start button.

these both signals should appear in two columns along with one column dedicated for time.

3: it is better to have the file with .xls extention but if the text file is accessable in excel then it will be Ok for me to use that.

one more request can u suggest me some usefull book on labview, i really need a new book right now i am studing this "Learning with Labview by Robert H.Bishop" and "Sensors Transducers &Labvie by Barry E Patton",

waiting for ur kind suggestions:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,811 Views)
Seems to me that you are making things much more complicated than it needs to be. You are stripping the time information form the dynamic data/waveform data type by using the Format Into File and trying then to put some of it back but still losing the dt information. You have two simple options.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,803 Views)