LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application builder missing files

Hello,

I suspect this is an easy fix.

I am trying to build an appliation I built on my old PC on my new PC.

I am given a message saying I am missing these programs in my additional installers:

ActiveX Container Support

Real-Time Utility Support

Visual C++ 2008 (and 2010) Redistributable

Visual C++ 2008 Runtime

Mesa Graphics Support

NI-VISA Configuration Support 16.0

When I did a search for some of these, I couldn't find them.
Is there a driver package for LabVIEW that I need to install to add these? I installed LabVIEW using a program download, not a CD.

Any pointers are welcome. Thanks.

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,477 Views)

Hi Veni, do the programs in question appear on the installer list when you deselect "automatically select recommended installers" and "Only display runtime installers"? Do you have the Real-Time Module, Visual Studio, Mesa 3D graphics library, and the NI-VISA driver installed? 

Angela L.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,415 Views)

Haha, Veni  isn't my name. Veni Vini Duci is Latin and roughly means "I came, I saw, I calculated". FYI.

I am installing programs left and right on my new PC.

I installed the NI-DMM, NI-VISA, NI-488.2 and NI-Serial. I'm currently installing updates for IVI.

I did a search for VISA Configuration and Mesa Graphics on this site, and found nothing.

I think what I need to know is what the package name is and I will include them.

I don't know that all of these are necessary anymore, but this is legacy code and I don't want to turn things off I might need.

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,410 Views)

Can you send a screenshot of the message you see when building the installer? I also was looking into missing items in the installer and found this KnowledgeBase article: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1B53A6FDFC20B8058625752400687F42?OpenDocument

Before we install a bunch of potentially unnecessary software on your development computer, can you run through the KB steps and let me know the results? 

Angela L. 

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,390 Views)