LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application builder error 1041

Dear All,

I have a problem to build a application in Labview 8.5.

It's the first time that I try to build this application in fact it's the first application every I try to build.

I found the following problem.

Authentication: "Error Code Database.vi is password-protected. Enter the password to acces the block diagram."

I do not know the password for this file.

The building errors details I get are:

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 1041 occurred at Invoke Node in AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Apply_VI_Properties.vi->AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Copy_SourceItem.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Incorrect password.

Method Name: Lock State:Set  

When I start looking for the file that causes the problems I find that it is "Get File Type.vi" it's protected.

This is an NI file and I do not know the password and I do not know why it is locked.

The VI general properties of the file are:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\Utility\lvfile.llb\Get File Type.vi

File revision is 78

I tried to solve the problem as discribed in tread

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=297099&requireLogin=False

But that did not work for me. A build with a new file also gives the same error.

So I tried something else in the Build specification there is a menu "source file settings". There is a selection about passwords

You can choose 3 settings 1) No passord change 2) Remove password 3) Apply new password. I changed this setting from 2 to 1.

And I can build the project now. So I change back from 1 to 2 and I should get the error back again. And I did not. How can this happen?

What is going on?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,874 Views)

Hi Test321,

you can't change the password if you don't know the old one. Why do you want to change the password? As far as i know the blockdiagram will be removed in an application, so it shouldn't change your application.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,858 Views)
Mike, you can't change the password if you don't know the old one. Why do you want to change the password? I do't wanna change the password. The application builder is asking for it and I do not have it. The same problem occured at thread http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=297099&requireLogin=FalseIt looks almost the same but the solutions there did not work. The problem kept occuring. 

So I tried someting else:

In the Build specifications there is a menu "source file settings" for your project files. I only have 1 main.vi project file

There is a selection about passwords for your source file settings. See attachment 3.

You can choose 3 settings

1) No passord change

2) Remove password

3) Apply new password.

I changed this setting from 2 to 1.And I can build the project now. So problem solved.

Then I changed back from 1 to 2 and I should get the error back again. And it did not.

I do not understand why it works and I would like to.

What is going on?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,842 Views)
Hi Test321, Could you post the code, then i can try to reproduce this. Regards, Bas
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,748 Views)