From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

append digital signals

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to create a digital waveform as instructions for a stepper motor. The task is to get the motor shaft to rotate at varying speed within each rotation. I have attempted to do this by dividing the rotation into a number of blocks that each execute at a different speed, thus forming the rotational profile when concatenated.

The problem is that when concatenating digital signals with the Append VI's, I am unable to retain the different frequencies of the individual waveforms since the Append VI's seem to require a constant interval between pulses. Is there a way to explicitly concatenate the exact digital waveforms to build up the desired profile?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,697 Views)

hi DCT

your question is not clear. its difficult to understand what you have posted here. nobody can help you if u don't give sufficient information.

could you please attach your vi?

RENN 

Kudos always welcome for helpful posts 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,692 Views)
I haven't written the full operation yet as I am still testing which method will work. In the attached VI I would simply like waveform D2 to be concatenated to the end of waveform D1. It can be seen in waveform D3 that the Append Digital Samples VI has not done this.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,688 Views)

hi DCT

run the vi and see if any error message is shown in 'error out' cluster. see the blockdiagram for the change i made.

RENN 

Kudos always welcome for helpful posts 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,683 Views)

There is no error message from the 'error out' cluster.

Could you please re-attach your changes for LabVIEW 8.2 so that i may open the VI?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,662 Views)

The warning you getting because both of your waveform sampling rate was not matching find the attached Vi and Help.

error.JPG

Balaji PK (CLA)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,657 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DCT
Try with the modified VI.
Balaji PK (CLA)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.
Message 7 of 7
(2,654 Views)