LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any1 have idea why my boolean in for loop will only loop for 1 round?

why the boolean around my washing machine wont keep blink?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,642 Views)

Interesting graphic on the washing machine.

You don't have any while loop around that part of the code that will keep it running.

Likewise, in the middle part of your VI, where the main power local variable is read right at the beginning of the program, then the appropriate case structure will execute (probably false unless you hit the power button before running your VI) and then it will never execute again because you don't have a while loop around that.

Why are you using a local variable of Main Power when the control terminal is right there just above it unused?  Overall, it seems like you have used way too many local variables.  Read Dataflow vs Local Variables and search the forums for the thousands of posts that discuss "race conditions".

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,641 Views)

hmm because i controlling the washing machine by using a remote control..which i have to make those disabled to make it not to work if the power button doesnt on..i cant go to the link that you given..can i know how to work the boolean around the washing machine? cause i created a new VI it shows working..but i put in this...it wont work

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,634 Views)

The link is to the LabVIEW Frequently Asked Questions part of the forum.  There is no reason why you can't get to it.  You can see the link at the bottom right of the LabVIEW message board page.

You need a while loop around that part of your code in order for it to run more than once, that is why it doesn't work.

I don't know what a remote control has to do with getting your VI to work properly.  The fact is that your architecture needs to be reworked.

What you are trying to do seems very similar to one of the CLD exam practice projects, specifically the Car Wash example.  I suggest going to the Certification board and look through the differnet Car Wash examples that people posted there.  It should give you a clearer idea of how to build your application.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,632 Views)

ok it works now...thanks alot for the clue 😃

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,628 Views)

Because it is set by the constant wired to the count terminal... Below your code is the same interpretation, just put the bools into a cluster. Hint: be careful to notice repeating algorithm... Smiley Wink

Spoiler
Server-Washing Machine_BD.png

also, here is your revolving bools

Spoiler
led.png
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,606 Views)

@apok wrote:

Because it is set by the constant wired to the count terminal... Below your code is the same interpretation, just put the bools into a cluster. Hint: be careful to notice repeating algorithm... Smiley Wink

led.png

This code is incorrect. Instead of "insert into array", you should use "replace array subset".

When using "insert into array" you create a boolean array with 13 elements, just to truncate it back down to a 12 element cluster a nanosecond later. This is extra work!  When using "replace array subset", the array remains at 12 elements at all times.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,593 Views)

altenbach wrote:
This code is incorrect. Instead of "insert into array", you should use "replace array subset".

When using "insert into array" you create a boolean array with 13 elements, just to truncate it back down to a 12 element cluster a nanosecond later. This is extra work!  When using "replace array subset", the array remains at 12 elements at all times.

wow...you are right, how could i have miss that...it is getting late, time to go to bed Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,589 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

The link is to the LabVIEW Frequently Asked Questions part of the forum.  There is no reason why you can't get to it.  You can see the link at the bottom right of the LabVIEW message board page.

Also having trouble accessing the LabVIEW FAQ page from your link (see Attached) and can see no link at bottom right of LabVIEW message board page (??)

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,576 Views)

The FAQ pages are under development and not public.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,572 Views)