LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any VI's capable of interpolating or fitting a curve with polar coordinates

Hi,

I have split a set of 3D data representing a human torso into many 2D planes and what i want to do run an interpolation on all of the points that fall within each of the planes in order to interpolate the entire torso. The problem is that for each x coordinate there are two corresponding y values so what i would like to know is if there is a VI that can interpolate cylindrical coordinates or if anybody has any suggestions on how i can go about doing the interpolation of one of the planes of the torso

alex
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,224 Views)
Not 100% sure but search around for CWPlot3D I believe it can do what you are looking to do.  Regards, -SS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,205 Views)
Hi Alex,

Could you take this XY plane and find the X points that only correlate to a single Y value. Then split the array at this point to divide it into two semi-circles (I would assume that one torso plane would resemble a circle) with unique XY pairs that you could complete an interpolation on. Once this is complete than you can append this data back together to form your complete dataset for the plane. Does this seem viable?

Thanks,

Jonah
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Jonah Paul
Marketing Manager, NI Software
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,185 Views)
yes that deffinatly seems like it could work. thanks a lot for the advice

alex
0 Kudos