LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annotation of multiple graphs that are contained in a cluster

I am attempting to implement separate annotations on graphs that i have input into a cluster but the problem is when i try to define the separate annotation values for the different plot areas, the same two annotations i have specified are placed on the same plot area. For example, i would like to place the annotation "hello" on the first plot index at x coordinate 1 and y coordinate 2. I am trying to plafe the annotation "world" on the second plot index at x coordinate 1 and y coordinate 2. I am trying to use the plot area property of the annotation cluster array. But  what is happening is that the "hello" and "World" annotations are appearing in the same plot area. I am confused as to why this is happening. How can i use the annotation list cluster control properties to place separate annotations on different plot indexes ? I have placed my labview VI in the attachment to this post. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,980 Views)

Depending on your application, an array of Waveform Graphs may not be the best option, especially if you have only a few plots. The arrays are best for a collection of similarly formatted data (including indicator properties).

If you are able to use a cluster instead, you could reference each Waveform Graph separately in the same manner you used in the VI you have posted. There is a DevZone example which does this concept by changing the color of text within each of two strings in a cluster.

Accessing Properties of Cluster Elements within an Array of Clusters

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5904

You could follow this same process as shown in the example above for annotations on several Waveform Graphs within a cluster in order to accomplish the functionality you described.

Evan See
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,927 Views)