LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

animation of a car crash

Hi All,

I want to animate the car crash in Labview2011. All I want is to control the speed of the car and the rate of rollover of the car. My idea is to read the animation of a car moving on road from a gif file and update in the picture control. But I am confused like how to simulate the rollover of the car, Also how to control the speed and the rollover the car.

Thanks in advance,

Yogesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,810 Views)

Yogesh

I've done some animations using LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module and the 2D and 3D picture control. The idea is that you have to create a parametric 2D or 3D model of the car you want to work with and generate the trajectories (time and position) of the car you. Then you just synchronize the trajectory with the animation. In general, the parametric model has to reflect the main parameters you want to animate as position and rotation. Also, you have to change the 'sprite' or the 'format' of the car if you 'crash'. The first example below really illustrates how you can do this animation (the Rocket Simulation 1D).

If you have this product, you could look at the following examples for the framework in how to do this animations:

2D animation:

examples\Control and Simulation\Case Studies\Aerospace\Rocket Simulation\Rocket Simulation (1D).vi

examples\Control and Simulation\Case Studies\Mechatronics\Cart-Pole\CDEx Cart-Pole Control and Simulation.vi

examples\Control and Simulation\Case Studies\Mechatronics\Disk Drive Control\CDEx Disk Drive Demo.vi

3D with simulation:

examples\Control and Simulation\Case Studies\Aerospace\3DofHelicopter\CDEx Simulation 3DoF Helicopter.vi

examples\Control and Simulation\Case Studies\Aerospace\F14\F14 Tomcat Longitudinal Simulation (main).vi

examples\Control and Simulation\Case Studies\Mechatronics\Pendubot\Pendubot.vi

examples\Control and Simulation\Case Studies\Mechatronics\Flexible Joint\CDEx Flexible Joint.vi

examples\Control and Simulation\Case Studies\Mechatronics\Star Tracker Antenna\Antenna Tracker.vi

Hope this helps.

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,791 Views)

Barp,

I donot have the control and simulation tool here. Isit possible to do without this tool?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Yogesh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,771 Views)

yes it is possible, but it is harder to do it. For now, I attached one of the Control Design and Simulation animations for a rocket taht helps you create an animation using picture control. This VI has inputs that you can control the state of the rocket and to see the animation, you just need to place it inside a loop and change its parameters. To slow down the animation, just use "wait (ms)" function.

Hope this helps.

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,749 Views)

Barp,

Thank you for the inputs, will update you soon with my implemention on the same.

Thanks and regards,

Yogesh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,718 Views)