LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

angle measure image tool

Yes, the yellow dots detect the edges correctly. I think it should form a line with the points which it is not doing. Right now I dont have the exact specimen, so I am uploading a sample pattern of the mesh with thick edges.

Will update with more pictures later tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(540 Views)

Hi elset191,

Here are the raw JPEG images.

I am in essence trying to get the angles between the colored lines. I wish to get 3-4 lines of each color and get the average angle between them.

I need to get reasonable accuracy of angles as this angles will keep changing with time and I need to track the angle. 

I am currently using find edge (with my limited knowledge), but I am open to any other suggestion to like using IMAQ detect lines etc.

Thanks for your time

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(524 Views)

Using the same code I posted earlier and tweaking the parameters a bit I came up with this.

I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject, my approach is basically guessing as to what parameters to use.  I've found that using smaller ROI's tends to help.  Also in the past I've played with the contrast of the images (using the IMAQ vi's).  If you're trying to do this live, obviously smaller ROIs scanning across an image becomes an issue as that takes time. 

As I said, I'm not an expert, but hopefully you can leverage this a bit to suit your needs. 

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(504 Views)