cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

analog output non regeneration

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello again,

I got more wierd things, now it works, but it gives an error when i wait untill the generation is done. It mentions a buffer underflow. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(816 Views)

Question back to you: When is a continuous output "done"????

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(808 Views)

I got it... never.

I am stuck with a hardware buffer of 4096 samples, so in order to get a pauzing mechanism in i upped my analog output sample frequency to 4096, now the pause takes about 1200 ms... I also redesigned the whole thing and put an extra loop at the back with a node checking if TotalSampPerChanGenerated, when that goes to zero then it can stop the analog output, i only have to catch an "underflow" error there.  Now i understand why it works with you simulated device, it has no hardware buffer.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(804 Views)

If you require an immediate pause of ao at *any* time, you might want consider to use external clocking via a counter. Configure the counter to generate the pulse train and configure a pause trigger for it.

Please note that, depending on the general setup, you can receive timeout errors while pausing output.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(800 Views)

Do i need to hardwire a counter to an input then?

Regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(797 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThijsBoeree

No, you can use an internal connection. If you want to configure that, you should configure an DAQmx Terminal control to display Advanced Terminals in the IO filtering.

Norbert

Norbert
Message 16 of 20
(793 Views)

Euhm... can you send me a little example? Or is there an example in the example finder?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(781 Views)

I know what i have to do but i don't know how exactly (PS, thank you very much for all the effort you are putting into this!)

I have to pause the outputbuffer and also stop the filling the buffer at the same time (the last thing is easy). Then when i resume, i have to start reading the buffer again and also fill it to complete the rest of the generation. I'm already searching for solution to hold the buffer and i know i have to use some sort of trigger... but exactly how? I don't know yet...

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(777 Views)

I almost got it!! There was a realy good example on the forum and i am redesigning it to my needs... It is this example:

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(772 Views)

I figured it out and it works! There's still some work to do, i would also like to pause in when the last loop is running, or somehow eliminate this whole loop... 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(766 Views)