LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

an invalid requested id was wired in

hello im trying to use the "Write Session Variable VI" to be able to write a variable to a browser, but im having this error wich i dont know the origin "an invalid requested id was wired in" how to solve this?

i send the project and an image of the problem

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,579 Views)

What are you trying to do with this "session variable"?  Where do you get the session ID number that is in the control?  You aren't passing it in through the VI connector.

There are numerous VI's on the Web services palette.  In order to use these web session VI's, you will need to do things like Create Session and either destroy or delete session at the end.  I've actually never seen these VI's used before.  They seem pretty uncommon, and also fairly complicated.  I would highly recommend searching for examples that demonstrate how the VI's on that palette are used.

You also have some odd constructions in your code.  Why do you take an array, convert it to a cluster, unbundle, undbundle the Y array, convert to Double even though it already is.  convert to cluster, unbundle  ......?

You have 6 functions there that should be done in 3.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 04-18-2009 12:19 AM
Message 2 of 4
(2,565 Views)

hello Raven, tanks to correct my vi, well what i want is this, i want to send the variable vout in a way a browser could plot the same graphic as if u're using just labview. The problem with sessionID is that i dont really now how to use it and why i need it, all i know is i need it in order to webservices vi works, i try the examples but to be honest i've no success until now.

the reason for the extra code was a "desperate" i just was trying to make it work what ever it takes, tanks to show me the right way and specially tanks for your very quick answer 

mngolo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,551 Views)

Hello,

Take a look a this step by step tutos and the examples attached :

Web Services in LabVIEW

LabVIEW Web Services

Using LabVIEW to Call SOAP Web Services

LV 8.6 help :

Building a Web Service (Windows)

and: