From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amdf - how to implement

Hi all
Im a beginner in LabVIEW. Can anyone help me and told me how to implement AMDF( average magnitude difference function) in LabVIEW? In matlab solution will be also helpful!

Thanks a lot for any help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,312 Views)
Hi moyo,

this seems to be an example for "how to learn LabView" Smiley Wink Please look at the examples that come with LabView, especially those for array operations.

The attached vi is made in LV7.1. I hope I understood that formula right. At the moment there is no error checking, the array size limits should be tested for a full version Smiley Happy

Message Edited by GerdW on 08-09-2007 09:31 AM

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 9
(3,305 Views)
Thanks a lot for help.
I havent explain what i mean exactly:) This what You have written is just a amdf formula. if i operate on table its simple to implement this method but the problem appear when i try analize "in hot" wave from microphone! mayby You know whether is it any way to operate on wave from microphone without table? or i have to write wave in the table and after that operate on it (use amdf)?

Thanks for help
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,297 Views)
Hi moyo,

what do you mean by "table"? Are you talking about an array?
The input for the amdf function is an array. A waveform is a cluster consisting of 2 numerics (t0, dt) and an array of values (y).
Just use the "get waveform components" to get the y-array and feed it to the amdf function...
Best regards,
GerdW

Message 4 of 9
(3,291 Views)
hi GerdW
thanks a lot for help
I tried to do what You suggested but something doesnt work.  is calculated amdf but i couldnt obtain a graph.
i attach this vi so if You could and hava a time to chect it ... ill be tahnkful

once more time hanks for help!!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,281 Views)
hi GerdW
this some case of my idea. first i write wave to file and neft i load it into array and operate on it (make amdf). Could you check whether is it correct?

Thanks
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,274 Views)
Hi moyo,

it seems you're running a German Windows Smiley Wink That's why I changed your vi a little bit.
But beside of this the vi seems to be ok for me.
Best regards,
GerdW

Message 7 of 9
(3,268 Views)
Thanks a lot once more time

You were very helpful:) Could i write to You if i have any questions?

good luck
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,253 Views)
Hi moyo,

asking here in the forum gives much more answers - especially as I'm not always having time to answer Smiley Wink
Best regards,
GerdW

Message 9 of 9
(3,245 Views)