LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

always get tcp read timeout 56 but getting data too

A colleague pointed out in his code attached that he always gets the timeout error but is getting valid data through the read at the same time! The bolean control alows him to toggle his error so he can see if he doesn't get 56 sometimes, which will explain the valid data but it never goes green. We are trying to get the tcp read to run as fast as possible and a timeout of 1 ms works. Anway I don't see the purpose of the timeout option. Could you throw some light. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,595 Views)

Check the help for tcp read, and check the description of mode. I think you can find a solution in the description of bytes to read.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,585 Views)

Ok I looked at the documentation but when it reads fine I don't expect a timeout to be reported by the error cluster and that is confusing us.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,564 Views)

See my explanation I posted in the other thread. Unless you know that your data will always be in blocks of 4096 bytes, you will need to filter the read timeouts as per my suggestion in the other thread.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,557 Views)