From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alarm ends program

hey guy , im doing a project on labview that i want to just make prettier for the lecturer by adding extra features

is there a way to feed the boolean logic from an led going high( turning on my ' alarm ' ) to ending the program

at the moment i have a funtion block  with c code in it and an alarm latch to keep the light on all inside a for loop

does anybody know a way to tap a wire off the red circle on the image file attached that will end the program

all help welcome 

thanks 

kevinSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,210 Views)

@kevinbarry92 wrote:

does anybody know a way to tap a wire off the red circle on the image file attached that will end the program

Yes, you just wire off of it.  But that wire ir a boolean array right now.  Do you want your loop to stop if all the elements are true, or if any of the elements are true?  You would use either AND Array Elements, or OR Array Elements.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,197 Views)

all is what triggers the alarm, so all elements are true.

basically the latch keep a light on if the conditions are met , so what i want is that the program will stop when the light comes on, i can take the boolean data out of the array with an array index block but that doesnt make a difference really , no major change and doesnt end program

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,148 Views)

Where is your stop button for the master while loop?  You need your boolean to go to that.

I don't see it on the screen, and that green background is making things very difficult to see as well.

The boolean logic there is rather confusing since you have a feedback node of an array, and also a shift register on a one iteration while loop for a single boolean.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,139 Views)