cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aglient e5260 driver

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have the source meter of aglient e5263a. But there is no labview drives for it on the website. What I can find is labview driver for aglient e5270 series. By the way, the e5260 series and the e5270 series perform a very similar fuction and they share the same user guide. But not same driver....

So, could anyone offer me some suggestion for it?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,732 Views)

Hi

If there are no LabVIEW drivers on the Agilent website it will be very hard to find them somewhere else.

For 3rt party products (Agilent, Tektornix etc.) the manufacturer always deliver the LV drivers, not NI.

So you can try it with the other drivers from the 5270 series, perhaps it works or you can use a serial / LAN interface with the NI-VISA library. If you know the commands for the Agilent device it will work fine.

Other idea, call Agilent and aks if there are any divers abailable.

Regards

Pixar

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,693 Views)

Hi, I am now using the Hewlett-packard/ Agilent Technologies e5273 for the purpose of controlling e5263. But when runing the installization program, it always shows the "the instrument IDN does not match". Can I do something to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,670 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author haikuotiangao

Try to get the prorammers manual for the same. Then using the 488.2 pallete you can control the device on your requirement..

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,666 Views)

@haikuotiangao wrote:

Hi, I am now using the Hewlett-packard/ Agilent Technologies e5273 for the purpose of controlling e5263. But when runing the installization program, it always shows the "the instrument IDN does not match". Can I do something to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

Simply edit the VI and save it with a new name. It's just a string comparison in the Init function.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,660 Views)

Thanks a lot!

I have changed the name and saved the program. But the problem is still there.

Have I done some thing wrong?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,654 Views)

What exactly did you edit in the VI. It's certainly not enough to just change the name. Did you even look at the string comparison that I mentioned on the block diagram?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,650 Views)

Hi,

You see, the program is quite simple. I can not find where to change.

I think it might be inside the .dll document. If so, do you think it is possible to make change with the .dll document.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,642 Views)

Sorry, did not know you were not using a LabVIEW driver. You would need the source code for the DLL. Simple to set the ID Request to false but if the rest of the driver has problems, you'll have to use your own VISA Writes and Reads instead of the driver.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,638 Views)

OK, still thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,627 Views)