LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agilent dso-x 3034a

Hi,

I've been trying to control an Agilent DSO-x 3034A oscilloscope with a VI I've created for the last few days, but right now I'm fighting with a hard little nut - a timeout error. I know, it sounds easy to solve - but hear me out first:

The VI starts, as usual, with the agx2k3k initialize with options VI(I've downloaded the specific driver for my instrument, but using IVI class drivers causes the same problem too), followed by auto-setup (just so I can literally "hear" if the device is communicating with my VI, since the oscilloscope makes sounds when auto-setup is running), followed by a bunch of VI's for channel configuration, trigger configuration and in the end the VI's for actual record length, which feeds its output value to the read waveform VI. Therein lies the problem, because the actual record length VI waits too long, causing a timeout error to pop.

Here is what I've tried so far:

I've put a VISA property node at the very beginning of the VI, then, using a typecast, I've converted the resource name for the initialize VI to VISA and set the time out value to 1 minute ( should be enough) using the property node. Does not help.

I've tried to replace the read-out part by initialize-measurement-actual record length-fetch measurement. Does not help.

Change everything to IVI class instead of specific drievers. Does not help.

Try other stuff that would also take long, such as a self-test. The self-test begins to run, my VI doesn't feel like waiting, pops a timeout, self-test successfully finishes about 40 seconds later.

So basically, you can see where I'm hanging. Please advice me how I can solve my current problem :).

Thank you all very much in advance.

Ugur

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,837 Views)

Can you share your code?  As has been said many times, a picture is worth a thousand words, but a VI is worth a thousand pictures.

@UgurYegin wrote:

I've put a VISA property node at the very beginning of the VI, then, using a typecast, I've converted the resource name for the initialize VI to VISA and set the time out value to 1 minute ( should be enough) using the property node. Does not help.

You shouldn't need a type cast there.  More reason to see the actual VI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,810 Views)