From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agilent 6033 power supply IVI driver error at initialize

Hi,

I'm using the agilent 603x IVI driver (agn603x) and there's an error at the IVIDCPwr Initialize vi. I'm using NI USB GPIB-HS to connect to the power supply. I made the following observations,

1. Created a new VI and use VISA instead of IVIDCPwr. Verified there's no error to communicate with the 6033A. So hardware connection should be okay.

2. Changed MAX configuration to use agilent N6700 power supply (n6700) and connecting the N6700 power supply instead. Verified there's no error using the same VI. So the VI should be okay.

I'm suspecting the IVI driver but don't know how to find the root cause or solve this.
Attached is the log file captured by NI-Spy.

Thanks

Regards,
husni h
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,293 Views)
Hi husni h,
I am not familiar with this device, but as far as I know, it is very old and may not support these commands from the IVI driver. Some devices allow the user to choose what command language to use (i.e. SCPI commands or other commands), but on some devices do not allow this option.  You may want to check with the manufacturer to see if IVI is even an option for this particular device.

If I am wrong about the instrument, please let me know and I will investigate further for you. 
Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,277 Views)