LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agilent 53220A with gpib error -1074000000

Labview 2015 failed to connect with Agilent 53220A I am trying to read the frequency detected by the Agilent 53220A in Labview2015 (NI-488.2 17.6 , NI-VISA 18.5, NI-SCOPE 18.7), with NI GPIB-USB-B I run the example provided by Agilent 532XX Series (Agilent 532XX Series Acquire Frequency.vi), in an old laptop, the example works well, but the computer is too old to deal with massive and fast Labview program, so I install the Labview into a new computer, (Labview 2015, NI-488.2 17.6 , NI-VISA 18.5, , NI-SCOPE 18.7) but an error occurred

instrument reports

-230 "data corrupt or stale"

-420"Query UNTERMINATED"

Any help please, thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,253 Views)

That error relates to the instrument itself and is not a LabVIEW error.  Even if it was a LabVIEW error, there is nothing we could do to help solve it since you didn't attach any LabVIEW code.

I'm concerned about your phrase "massive and fast LabVIEW program".  Massive programs generally aren't fast, and fast programs generally aren't massive.  A program can be large and still be fast, but massive implies an overwhelming size and that it isn't a well written program.

If you think the size of the program has something to do with your issue, then create a very simple program that does just the minimum to communicate with the instrument and test that out.  You did say you used an example that works well.  If so, then apparently communication works, but perhaps the "massive" LabVIEW program is poorly written and is relying on special timing to communicate with the instrument that only worked correctly with the older, presumably slower laptop.

But, like I said, we can't help troubleshoot LabVIEW code when we can't see it.

Message 2 of 6
(2,215 Views)

Thank you very much,  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,209 Views)

LabVIEW 2019 has just come out, and many people have not installed it yet.  I, for one, can't open your VI because of that.

Do a Save for Previous to LabVIEW 2018 or older.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,169 Views)

Thank you RavensFan, we have labview 2011, labview 2015 and labview 2019, in the new computer, they all report the same error when run the  example(Agilent 532XX Series Acquire Frequency), but another example (Agilent 532XX Series Acquire Histogram) works well on the new computer. I think maybe the instrument faild to read or response to the command 'FETCH'  because the commane 'FETCH' exist in the first example and in the NI Max I see the same error after I query the instrument with commaand 'FETCH'.  I attached all the .vi files that can run in labview 2015.

I think you are right, the error relates to the instrument,  in the NI max,  the frequency counter was borrowed by someone so I can not debug these days.

Thank you very much for your answer,hope I can figure this problem out soon.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,153 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,149 Views)